Sunday, February 28, 2010

My Artists News Letter March edition

"News from the studio"

March Edition 2010





Well were on the tail end of winter and spring is just around the corner.


I again would like to thank you all for making this month again the highest traffic month ever on my website eclipsing last month's new high.


Gallery Exhibit

First up for March Starting Saturday March 6th I will be representing my artwork at JH Miller Picture Framing & Gallery (413) 732-9128

86 Elm St West Springfield, MA. I hope this will be an ongoing relationship with them.



In the Works

I've been quite busy as of late adding two more new paintings to my Nostalgic portfolio. Radio Days ~ seen in the Photo above, and "The Old Victrola" ~ a representation of music and the vintage phonograph it was played on in its time. Currently I've started on a new piece with a touch of the Big Band era.

Speaking of Radio, in the days preceding television the family's sole source of entertainment was the radio. Parents and children would gather around the small wooden box and delight to such programs as the Green Hornet, The Shadow, and Lil' Orphan Annie. And to remind you of just how powerful radio programs gripped their listeners there was a News Report in 1938 about a strange object that crashed outside of a farm in New York State, the program was Orson Wells "War of the Worlds" and so believable it was to listeners that it caused a nationwide panic! Now we have television, cable and the internet to that for us.





Paying it forward

In the past months I've heavily promoted my website in the hopes of advancing my artwork and reaching new goals. This month I would like to pay it forward and introduce you to some other artists worthy of recognition, please give them a look if you could.

http://www.alfredcurrier.com

http://www.nancyguzic.com

http://www.kathleenheger.com

caliber316.deviantart.com

Mleigh Art ~ found on facebook


They are all great artists in their subjects and mediums.



Upcomming exhibits


Baystate Medical Center of Springfield MA. early may to Mid June



2nd annual John Matlock home art show. West Springfield MA. Early July.



The Old Deerfield Fall Arts and Crafts Fair ~ September 18, 19.



43rd annual Scituate arts Festival, North Scituate RI Columbus day weekend Oct. 9,10, and 11.



I will update you on any change of dates or new events as they approach.



Reminder:

Remember that March 14th is daylight savings time and to spring forward 1 hour!

Also as you heard on the old radio, Be sure to drink your Ovaltine! Sorry I just couldn't resist!



I'm making a commitment to all of you who have helped and supported my art endeavors via your friendship and patronage. I'm making a commitment to you to bring you more impactful and thought provoking artwork in 2010 and years to come.

My goal is to provide you all with the opportunity to view my artwork, comment on it and to please share with your friends and families. With birthdays, anniversaries and weddings around every corner, please consider the unique, thoughtful gift of an original piece of art. It's a gift that can speak volumes over others. I will happily take on any personal commission works including pet portraits, houses, and themed murals.

Please feel free to visit my website http://www.johnmatlockartwork.com at any time.



Should you ever wish to unsubscribe, simply email me and you will immediately be removed from the mailing list. No hassles or confusion.

And, along those lines, be assured that I will never sell,

rent, trade or share your subscription information with

anyone. I value the privacy of your email and you will never receive unsolicited email because of your decision to subscribe.



I hope that you've enjoyed this month's news letter and will share it by forwarding it to your friends and family. My goal is to build a bigger audience for my artwork. So far it has been successful with the help of friends and patrons such as your selves. I'd also like to wish you all a happy, safe and prosperous .



Acrylics artist John Matlock

495 Prospect Avenue

West Springfield Ma. 01089

http://www.johnmatlockartwork.com

http://www.facebook.com/johnmatlock

http://twitter.com/JohnMatlockArt

http://johnmatlockartwork.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment